NAHA Hosts a Chefs' Yard Sale to Benefit Green City Market
By Anthony Todd in Food on Nov 11, 2011 4:20PM
Photo by John Crouch.
This sale will include everything found in a restaurant, and is sure to be a big hit. Cookbooks, aprons, knives, cutlery, plates; you name it, it'll be there. And it's all cash and carry. Some specific items sure to go fast:
- Treasures from Rick Bayless' test kitchen and Frontera
- A first edition 1926 Book of Salads from the famous Edgewater Beach Hotel
- Collection of pictures and plates from Bocuse
- Collections from Alinea and Charlie Trotter's
- Abby Mandel's cookie cutter collection
- Monogrammed china from the early days of Naha
Not everything will be a high-ticket celebrity item, so bargain hunters should be sure to come early. In addition to the selling, there will be a "Bake Sale" - though given the chefs involved, we're pretty sure the food will be better than your average high school charity auction.
The fun starts at 8 a.m. tomorrow and runs till 2 p.m. If you grab any treasures, let us know. Cash only.
Naha is located at 500 N. Clark St.