Last Minute Plans: Publican hosts Celebration of Belgian Beer
By Anthony Todd in Food on Nov 15, 2011 4:30PM
Belgian beer and Belgian-style beer is all the rage, and The Publican has been in front of the trend since it opened. American craft beer (often the type you have to stand in line for) gets most of the attention around here, but imports need love too! Tonight, The Publican will be serving a 6-course meal designed to pair with the best Belgian beers it can fine.
The dinner is part of Vanberg & Dewulf's Coast to Coast Toast. Vanberg & Dewulf is the preeminent Belgian beer importer in the U.S., and their "Toast" includes more then 350 restaurants across America.
Seatings are available at The Publican tonight between 5:30 and 10:30 - call to confirm times, as some may have sold out already. The cost is $65 per person for the dinner, and $20 for the beer pairings. The menu includes:
- Squash salad with pomegranate & goat cheese; paired with Posca Rustica
- Smoked mussel crostini; paired with Witkap
- Dungeness crab with almond pesto; paired with Hop Ruiter
- Potee with wild rice, pork tenderloin, cotechino & pork confit; paired with Peche Mel
- Warm Raclette with traditional garnishment; paired with Lambickx
Call (312) 733-9555 now for tickets!
The Publican is located at 837 W. Fulton Market