Thanks For Coming To Snow Brawl 2012
By Samantha Abernethy in Arts & Entertainment on Jan 13, 2012 4:40PM
Image created by Jeremy Scheuch of Do312.
As the snow fell yesterday, Do312 issued a challenge on Twitter to Chicagoist and RedEye: A snowball fight in Wicker Park. A simple tweet, just 9 1/2 hours before the event would take place. Well, we accepted the challenge, and after nine hours of online trash-talking, we assembled in the park for the media smackdown. About 200 people showed up. Plus, #SnowBrawl2012 and Wicker Park were trending on Twitter. Cameras from CBS, NBC and WGN showed up, and footage was shown on the evening newscasts.
Thank you all for coming out. That was a damn good time, and we'll definitely be doing it again.
So who won? Everybody, but these individuals, especially:
- That little kid in the red jacket that hit Chicagoista Kim Bellware in the face with a snowball. He was maybe four years old, and he has a hell of an arm. He'll be the next Drew
- The guy who stripped down to his skivvies and ran through the war field
- The guy in the cowboy hat, who every one attacked early in the game
- The guy in the KISS mask
- The woman in camouflage who kept yelling "Wolverine!"
- The many folks who brought flasks