Chicago Restaurants Offer Super Bowl Takeout
By Amy Cavanaugh in Food on Jan 29, 2012 5:00PM
Unless you’re one of the lucky football fans who has a team playing in the Super Bowl (like yours truly—go Patriots!), odds are food and drink are among your most important concerns for the big game. Skip cooking this year and cater your Super Bowl bash next Sunday with takeout from Chicago restaurants.
• Pleasant House Bakery is offering cheesy chili pies in both full and mini sizes. You’ll need to order in advance (773-523-PIES or email@example.com) so get on that ASAP.
• Texas de Brazil, a Brazilian steakhouse, is offering takeout of grilled meat and other dishes by the pound, like garlic picanha, leg of lamb, Brazilian sausage, and bacon wrapped chicken. Sides include garlic mashed potatoes, fried bananas, and Brazilian cheese bread. Get more info here.
• Barn & Company is offering a takeout package for 10 to 15 people. For $350, you’ll get five BBQ chickens, 10 racks of baby back ribs, 60 smoked BBQ wings, 25 Texas-style smoked sausages, chips and guacamole, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, and cole slaw. Order here by February 3.
• Chipotle is offering half off boxes of burritos on February 5. Burrito boxes come with the stuffed tortillas, chips, guacamole, and salsa. You need to order at least six burritos, which normally go for $8.20 a person. To get the deal, go to the Chipotle website and download a by-the-box order form for the location you want.
• For dessert, head to Magnolia Bakery next Saturday and Sunday for cupcakes embellished with Patriots or Giants decorations. The $3.50 cupcakes are available in vanilla or chocolate, and are topped with vanilla buttercream.