Make The Miso Butterscotch Milkshake From Allium
By Amy Cavanaugh in Food on Jun 1, 2012 6:00PM
Photo by Amy Cavanaugh
The milkshake, created by chef Kevin Hickey, is the perfect balance of salty and sweet. It's on the dessert menu, but you can also just go into the bar and get one. Or, whip up a batch at home this weekend.
1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
1/3 to 1/2 cup miso butterscotch (see recipe below)
1. Mix together in blender. Top with whipped cream.
2 cups dark brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup miso paste
1. Melt butter in sauce pan.
2. Add dark brown sugar and cook 3-5 minutes (should look like caramel).
3. Add cream and continue to cook at medium heat for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, add vanilla and miso paste. Cool. Can store in fridge for later use.