Do This: VeganMania Grips Chicago
By John DiGilio in Food on Sep 28, 2012 7:20PM
They're coming, Chicago. They're coming by car, bus, train, and bike. They're coming and they don't want meat. No, it's not the zombie apocalypse, folks.
It's VeganMania and it's about to take the Windy City by storm. A day-long celebration of the cruelty- and meat-free lifestyle, VeganMania is marking its fourth annual appearance with food, fun, free admission and a new location.
This year's VeganMania is slated to fill the halls of the Broadway Armory in Edgewater. After three successful events, the organizers needed more space to house the vendors, chefs, vegan luminaries, and musicians who comprise this all day party.
Attendees will find cooking demonstrations, product features and samples, live music, children's activities, and one of the largest meat-free food courts in the world. All in all, there will be 22,000 square feet of veganny goodness for guests to explore and enjoy. Some of this year's highlights include:
- Speakers and panel discussions on topics such as Veganism 101, Vegan Nutrition and Health, and How to Build a Vegan Community.
- Experts on beauty, athletics, gardening, baking, and more.
- Chef demos throughout the day.
- Live music and poetry on a large entertainment stage.
- Over 100 exhibitors and restuarants featuring everything from local eateries to national organizations.
- Greening Stations designed to almost eliminate the waste from the whole event!
VeganMania runs from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. tomorrow, Sept. 29. Get there early, though. The first 100 people (16 and over) in the door will go home with an Upton's Naturals cotton swag bag chockfull of vegan goodies from Sjaak's chocolates, Ethically Engineered, Knutsen Juices, Bumblebar, Powbab, Herbivore Clothing and more!
The Broadway Armory is located at 5917 N. Broadway in Edgewater.