Five Great Eats For Your Day Of Football
By Anthony Todd in Food on Jan 31, 2013 5:20PM
The Super Bowl is coming on fast and there will be more chips, chicken wings, burritos and cheese dip consumed in one six-hour period than there is during the entire rest of the year. That's actually kind of awesome. We eat a lot of fancy food, but sometimes you need to crash in front of the TV and get sauce on your shirt. Here are five of the best ways to spice up your Super Bowl Sunday. Some are take-home food options; some are restaurants and sports bars. All are guaranteed to take your gluttony to the next level.
- Taco Joint is selling tons of tacos to go for your home Super Bowl party. There are five flavors, including Cochinita (Yucatan style pulled pork garnished with pickled red onions and spicy habanero salsa) and Al Pastor (Marinated grilled chicken breast garnished with Serrano-pineapple pico and tangy tomatillo salsa). Boxes of 12 tacos cost $30, Boxes of 24 cost $55. Order by Saturday for Sunday pickup. Call (312) 951-2457 to order or for more information.
- Do you want to cook DMK's amazing burgers at home for your super bowl party? Now you can. If you order today, they will put together a "Box O' DMK" including everything you need to cook Mac and Cheese and burgers for 6 people. The cost is $50. Order online here and pick up on Sunday.
- Stuff yourself silly at Moonshine Brewing Company. They're hosting a "Slider Bowl" buffet. For $35, you get all the sliders you can eat, in tons of different styles and flavors. There are fries and salads too, and unlimited Moonshine draft beers. Call (773) 862-8686 for more information and reservations.
- Chipotle is offering a great deal on Super Bowl eats. If you buy one of their burrito boxes (six or more burritos), bring back your receipt and you get a free entree anytime until February 28th. Plus, you can get local beer! If you want to buy more than 50 burritos, be sure to call and order in advance!
- Untitled is showing the Super Bowl on two huge screens and serving up an awesome buffet. For $50 per person, you get all the food you want and an open bar serving draft beer, wine and punch. Food includes crispy duck wings, oxtail chili, oyster dip and mini wagyu beef dogs. Call (312) 880-1501 to make reservations.