What The Hell Happened This Weekend: 10 Stories You May Have Missed
By Amy Cavanaugh in News on Jul 8, 2013 2:00PM
• It's National Picnic Month and The Goddess and Grocer is offering picnic boxes.
• ManBQue made a sculpture of the Stanley Cup out of meat.
• Brewery equipment is heading to Lagunitas' Chicago brewhouse.
• Protestors marched to Rahm Emanuel's house on the Fourth to speak out against budget cuts and what they call the mayor's "policies of corporate welfare."
• The Blackhawks took batting practice at Wrigley.
• Tour some of Chicago's energy infrastructure with a bus trip on July 13.
• The latest installment of Weekend Theater focuses on Chicago skit The Real Live Brady Bunch, starring Jane Lynch and Andy Richter.
• Derrick Rose sat down for an interview to talk about his injury.