Trenchermen And Arami Team Up For A Dinner
By Anthony Todd in Food on Jul 19, 2013 3:30PM
Arami and Trenchermen are both huge favorites with Chicago diners. No wonder tickets began selling fast when they announced their collaboration dinner, set for July 22. There are a few tickets left, but if you're not into springing for a fancy meal, head to the bar.
The dinner, named "Kyuoucho" (Japanese for collaboration), is going to consist of six courses, three from each restaurant. There will also be drink pairings, including Arami's own sake, japanese whiskey, sweet potato lager and more. The event will start with passed appetizers and drinks before diners move to the table for an epic fusion dining fest. The price? $75, which for six courses from these chefs is a bargain.
Some sample menu items for the dinner:
- Smoked and Pickled Mackerel (tomato dashi gelee, raw vegetables, orange togarashi, herb blossoms)
- Fried Chicken and Brown Rice Donburi (gai lag, pickled ramps, soft poached egg, soy jus), and Crispy Crepe (blueberries, sake, yuzu)
They'll also be running a special collaboration menu in the bar starting at 8:30, with dishes that cost between $5 and $13. How thoughtful of them!
Bar dishes include:
- Hand Rolled Maki (spicy octopus, salmon skin)
- Scallop Cake (yuzu, togarashi mayo)
- Duck Pastrami Ramen
- Composed Pickles (beets, cauliflower, cucumber)
- Green Beans (sea salt, sesame)
Call 773-661-1540 for reservations.
Trenchermen is at 2039 W. North Avenue.