InstaRecipe: Chicken Breast En Papillote
By Julia Weeman in Food on Aug 18, 2013 8:00PM
InstaRecipe is a new series of fast recipes documented via Instagram images and videos.
Cooking "en papillote" is the perfect method for the busy cook. There's minimal cleanup and you can prep everything in advance so that all you have to do is pop it in the oven when you're ready. Though this recipe stands well on its own, feel free to serve with a pasta or starch to round out the meal. I recently found myself with an abundance of sweet corn from my produce share and made polenta with fresh basil to accompany it, which was a lovely addition to the dish.
Chicken Breast En Papillote
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 kale leaves (1/2 bunch) - ribs removed & leaves torn into pieces
1/4 large onion/, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Start with 2 large pieces of parchment paper.
3. Place half the kale in the center of each piece.
4. Season chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper.
5. Create a bed of onions on the kale and layer the chicken breast on top.
6. Top with garlic, bell pepper, and a pat of butter.
7. Seal packets and place on a baking sheet.
8. Depending on the thickness of the breast, bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meat is 165 degrees.