Extra Extra: What Are The Safest Neighborhoods In Chicago?
By Chuck Sudo in News on Aug 27, 2013 11:00PM
The Red Divvy bike exists. (Photo credit: adrienne c)
- Whet Moser analyzed crime data and found the safest neighborhoods in Chicago are on the Northwest and Southwest sides where cops and other civil servants live. [Chicago magazine]
- The Sun-Times looked at "Safe Passage" routes and found the areas in which they're located are rife with crime. Great: we have a new metric to measure crime. [Sun-Times]
- An autopsy found the man found in an Englewood trash can near a "Safe Passage" route was beaten to death. [NBC Chicago]
- Bear wide receiver Brandon Marshall complained about his conditioning and his role in the offense. [Tribune]
- The MacArthur Foundation increased the amount of its "genius" grant stipend to $625,000. [Crain's]
Keep up with Chicagoist on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you by signing up for our newsletter. Feel free to purchase some official Chicagoist merchandise.