Extra Extra: The KKK Is Recruiting In The New Lenox Area
By Lisa White in News on Oct 18, 2013 11:00PM
- A Klu Klux Klan leader stated that the KKK is “making great strides” recruiting members in the New Lenox area. May want to stay out of New Lenox, decent humans. [Patch]
- An independent consultant recommends all area transit agencies should unify. In other news, water is wet. The depressing part is they paid the consultant $383,000. We wonder how many Ventra passes that equates to? [Tribune]
- The Broadway Youth Center may not have a home in Lakeview if a group of frustrated neighbors has its way. [DNAinfo]
- Mick Dumke tries to get to the bottom of why Cook County’s court system is screwed up. [Reader]
- Erie Elementary Turns to Kickstarter to help fund their school play. They’ve raised over half of the goal of $6,000 and have four days left. Go help those kids put on a great show. [DNAinfo]
Keep up with Chicagoist on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you by signing up for our newsletter. Feel free to purchase some official Chicagoist merchandise.