Extra Extra: Oak Park Man Allegedly Fakes Report On Own Beating, Robbery
- Oak Park police said a 35-year-old man allegedly falsified a police report of his own beating and robbery. He was arrested Wednesday. [Oak Leaves]
- Speed limits on the Illinois Tollway are largely ignored. Also, there is no Santa Claus. [Trib]
- Convicted mob bookmaker Carl Dote has had good luck with the village government of Melrose Park. [Sun-Times]
- Here’s an amazing gallery of photos from the construction of Lathrop Homes. [Picasa]
- Cook County homeowners who received property tax reductions they didn’t deserve in recent years have until Dec. 31 to pay up or face fines and even liens against their properties. [Sun-Times]
Keep up with Chicagoist on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you by signing up for our newsletter. Feel free to purchase some official Chicagoist merchandise.