Extra Extra: Racial Grass Gap Still Remains Despite Pot Decriminalization
- Despite Chicago's efforts toward marijuana decriminalization, which aim to narrow the grass gap, Chicago's African-Americans still account for almost eight of every ten low-level pot busts. If you have a hassle free 4/20, you have probably pot privilege. [Chicago Reader]
- The cost for patients to register for medical cannabis will be less than expected. [Sun-Times]
- Business owners looking to get into the medical marijuana game are scoffing at the high licensing fees. [Trib]
- Chicagoland teen asks Netflix to prom on Twitter. Netflix says yes. Hooks kid up with a lot of cool swag. [Huff Po]
- Lincoln Square residents are complaining about the Fanta Sea Lounge, which they say isn’t so much a restaurant as much as it is an illegal club. [DNAinfo]
Keep up with Chicagoist on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you by signing up for our newsletter. Feel free to purchase some official Chicagoist merchandise.