Extra Extra: Father Of 3-Year-Old Accidentally Shot In Head Charged
- 26-year-old James Jenkins was charged for felony count of unlawful use of a weapon after his 3-year-old son accidentally shot himself. [DNAlnfo Chicago]
- Rain shut down the Eisenhower for the third time this summer. [Trib]
- Walter Neely, an artist who drew pictures about the city's gun violence, fell victim to that violence himself. [Sun-Times]
- The Reader takes a look at the fallout from children dying in violent neighborhoods in Chicago and how it affects so many more people besides the kids killed. [Reader]
- A drug search lead to animal cruelty charges, when police found 13 pitbulls living in small cages covered in their own filth, some two to a cage. [Red Eye]
Keep up with Chicagoist on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you by signing up for our newsletter. Feel free to purchase some official Chicagoist merchandise.