Midday News Links: Will David Bowie Attend 'David Bowie Is?'
By Chuck Sudo in News on Sep 23, 2014 6:40PM
Photo credit: Javier Ayala
- The Tribune's Chris Borelli weighs the odds of if David Bowie would come to Chicago to see the exhibit dedicated to him. Must be a slow news day. [Tribune]
- One person was killed and another 10 wounded in shootings on the South and West sides Monday. Most of the shootings occurred during a five-hour stretch that ended at 8:40 p.m. [Sun-Times]
- There’s an alert out at DePaul after the phone numbers of several female students were posted online. [Tribune]
- Martha Bayne looks at the Bloomingdale trail and the battle between planned and unplanned nature. [Belt Magazine]
- Chicago’s Illustrated Press is mixing cartoons cartoons to foster a “what’s old-is-new” movement in journalism. [Columbia Journalism Review]