Extra Extra: Metra Mobile Ticketing App Could Arrive Next Year
By Chuck Sudo in News on Oct 17, 2014 11:30PM
- Metra, proving once again why they're the most backward of Chicago's three transit agencies, announced plans for a smartphone app to be available next spring, months after they're ostensibly testing out a mobile Ventra app. [Tribune
- The Sun-Times, for real this time, is reversing a nearly three-year policy on not endorsing political candidates with Sunday's paper. [Sun-Times]
- Mayfair residents claim their opposition to a mosque in their neighborhood is purely a matter of zoning. [DNAInfo Chicago]
- In what should be good news for Pat Quinn, the unemployment rate in Illinois is down to 6.6. percent. [Crain's Chicago Business]
- Lance Briggs and Chris Conte have been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Dolphins. [ESPN]
Keep up with Chicagoist on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you by signing up for our newsletter. Feel free to purchase some official Chicagoist merchandise.