Extra Extra: Chicago Fire Department Still Falls Short Of Diversity Hires
- Only 7 percent of Chicago Fire Department's new hires in 2014 were African-American. [AP]
- Mayor Emanuel and Peoples Energy announced $1 million contribution to the “Share the Warmth” program. [ABC 7]
- Construction is underway for Block 37’s apartment tower. [Curbed]
- $140,000 in public works funding is missing from the 25th Ward’s coffers and Ald. Danny Solis doesn’t know where it went. [Reader]
- CHILLFest returns to Wicker Park Nov. 15. [CHILLFest]
Keep up with Chicagoist on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you by signing up for our newsletter. Feel free to purchase some official Chicagoist merchandise.