Extra Extra: Cops Placed On Desk Duty After Loop Fight
- Two Chicago police officers were placed on desk duty after an internal investigation into an incident where an off-duty cop was jumped in a Loop parking garage. [NBC 5]
- Chicago school officials thought they could save money longterm issuing auction-rate bonds paired with derivative contracts. This is yet another example of why CPS can’t be trusted with money. [Trib]
- PETA’s latest stunt: they want the city to stop Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus from using four elephants they say are ailing when the circus arrives for its Chicago residency. [Sun-Times]
- Graffiti removal requests are densest along the Blue Pink and Orange Lines. [Curbed]
- Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro has a pimped out ATV. [TMZ]
Keep up with Chicagoist on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you by signing up for our newsletter. Feel free to purchase some official Chicagoist merchandise.