The Chicagoist will be launching later but in the meantime please enjoy our archives.

Roscoe Village Opens Its First Independent Bookstore, RoscoeBooks

By Jaclyn Bauer in Arts & Entertainment on Nov 18, 2014 4:30PM

Roscoe Village is about to take its place among the already teeming Chicago literati neighborhoods with the introduction of its very own independent bookstore.

RoscoeBooks, scheduled to open in less than one week, will be the Village’s newest edition to its already celebrated repertoire of local boutiques, restaurants and shops.

Erika VanDam is the official book lover in charge, and as a new mom she is focused on cultivating a strong children’s department at RoscoeBooks. Although over 30% of the store’s inventory will be dedicated to children’s titles, the other 70% will be “a well-chosen and ever changing mix for adults.” RoscoeBooks will offer online ordering and VanDam promises to host events and readings with the same gusto as Chicago’s other already well-known bookstores.

“We're proud to join the small but vibrant handful of strong independent bookshops on the North Side,” says VanDam at the advent of an exciting new chapter in the Roscoe Village community.

Located at 2142 W. Roscoe, the RoscoeBooks grand opening will be held on Saturday, Nov. 22. Visit the RoscoeBooks Facebook Page for more information.