Extra Extra: 4 Shot In Wednesday Afternoon Humboldt Park Shooting
By Lisa White in News on Nov 19, 2014 11:45PM
- A 23-year-old man is dead after being one of three people shot this afternoon in the Humboldt Park neighborhood. The Chicago Tribune reports that police stated the shooting today was part of an ongoing conflict over drug sales along Chicago Avenue that has sparked a half-dozen shootings in the past couple of weeks. [Chicago Tribune]
- A trucker who conned former Chicago Bears Devin Hester and others out of $1.5 million plead guilty today. [Sun-Times]
- The state of Illinois finally has a state treasurer, two weeks after election day, thanks to a closely contested race. [Chicago Tribune]
- The University of Illinois named Timothy L. Killeen its new president. [Sun-Times]
- The CTA released its latest video in their Ride the Rails series. [DNAinfo Chicago]
Keep up with Chicagoist on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you by signing up for our newsletter. Feel free to purchase some official Chicagoist merchandise.