Extra Extra: Judge Rules Illinois Pension Reform Law Unconstitutional
By Lisa White in News on Nov 21, 2014 11:50PM
- Sangamon County Circuit Judge John Belz ruled Friday that a law intended to fix the state employee pension crisis violates the state Constitution. [Sun-Times]
- The Chicago area is under a freezing rain advisory overnight. [Chicago Tribune]
- Derrick Rose, Kirk Hinrich and Pau Gasol are all out for tonight's Bulls game against the Portland Trail Blazers. [Chicago Tribune]
- According to federal authorities, a Chinatown extortion ring was captured on video. It is not clear if this incident is related to the search warrants executed by the FBI last month at several restaurants in Chinatown, including several owned by chef Tony Hu. [Sun-Times]
- Huffington Post Chicago talked to some local Chicago chefs about their favorite gifts to give during the holidays. [Huffington Post Chicago]
Keep up with Chicagoist on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you by signing up for our newsletter. Feel free to purchase some official Chicagoist merchandise.