These Streets Will Be Closed On NYE For Chi-Town Rising
Chi-Town Rising Facebook
Chi-Town Rising, Chicago’s inaugural outdoor New Year’s Eve celebration, will take place downtown, likely surrounded by piles of muddy snow and definitely serenaded by bands we haven’t heard of. The event, which is technically free but $100+ per ticket if you want the good stuff, will mean road closures throughout downtown.
If you want to start planning your New Year’s Eve routes now, the following roads will be closed for the event, according to NBC:
Closed Until 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 8
- East Upper Wacker Drive's east-bound curb lane and southern-most east-bound lane, from North Stetson Avenue to 111 E. Upper Wacker Dr.
Closed Until 11:59 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 1
- North Stetson Avenue, from East Upper Wacker Drive to East South Water Street (though there's an exception for taxis going into the Hyatt East Tower using the north-bound lanes on Stetson)
- East Upper Wacker Drive curb lane, from North Stetson Avenue to North Columbus Drive
- East-bound southernmost lane on mid-level Wacker Drive, from North Columbus Drive to North Stetson Avenue
-West-bound northernmost lane on mid-level Wacker Drive, from North Stetson Avenue to North Columbus Drive
- East Upper Wacker Drive west-bound lanes, from Columbus to Michigan Avenue (including the west-bound ramp from Lower Wacker to Upper Wacker Drive)
- East Upper Wacker Drive east-bound lanes, from Michigan Avenue to North Columbus Drive
Closed from 12 p.m. - 11:59 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 2
- South-bound curb lane on Columbus between East Upper Wacker Drive and East South Water Street