Tickets To This Year's Baconfest Go On Sale At Noon
By Anthony Todd in Food on Feb 22, 2016 2:45PM
It's that time again—tickets for Baconfest, the porcine orgy that captures the imagination of cured meat lovers everywhere, are about to go on sale to the general public. Here's what you need to know.
1) Tickets are already sold out for the "early bird" sessions. These tickets allowed people who were extra persistent to get general admission tickets for just $75. If you don't have them already, you're out of luck.
2) At noon Monday, regular priced tickets go on sale. The general admission ticket is $100, and the VIP ticket is $200. The difference? VIPs get access for a full hour before the crowds. If being able to taste every dish in relative piece is important to you, this might be a great option for you.
3) There are three sessions this year. There are two sessions on Saturday (at noon and 7 p.m.) and a bunch session on Sunday at noon. Different restaurants come to each session, so check the list before you book if you really want to catch a particular chef.
4) There are themes this year. This year, each session has a different theme and a different featured cocktail. Saturday lunch is "sweet" and the cocktail is tiki, Saturday dinner is "smoke" and the cocktail is an old fashioned, and Sunday brunch is "heat" and the cocktail is a bloody mary.
5) Don't worry about not having enough to drink. A general admission ticket gets you seven drinks. Even if they're only half size, you're going to have plenty of booze.
6) Seriously, set your alarm. In previous years, tickets have sold out in minutes.