There's A Trash Fire Problem In Lakeview
Early Monday morning, a rash of trash fires broke out in Lakeview and Lincoln Park, police announced Friday. From 4:30 until 5:30 a.m., at least six trash fires were lit in alleyways; some of the fires migrated to garages.
Police believe that these fires were arson. The Chicago Police Department's News Affairs office told Chicagoist that "any new fires, at this point we believe they may be connected [to Monday's fires] in some manner."
The Monday morning fires took place at the following locations:
* 2800 Block of N. Cambridge Ave. at 4:28 a.m.
* 1100 Block of W. Oakdale Ave. at 5:04 a.m.
* 2900 Block of N. Seminary Ave. at 5:09 a.m.
* 700 Block of W. Oakdale Ave. at 5:16 a.m.
* 1100 Block of W. Wolfram St at 5:24 a.m.
* 2700 Block of N. Racine Ave at 5:28 a.m.
The investigation into these fires is ongoing. For now, police advise that Lakeview residents secure their city garbage cans and leave bulky items out on pick up days only. Anyone with information about the fires should call (312) 746-7618.