A Rash Of Knifepoint Robberies Hit Bucktown, Lakeview And Lincoln Park Monday
By Stephen Gossett in News on Aug 30, 2016 4:17PM
Police are warning residents of Bucktown, Lakeview and Lincoln Park to be cautious after a series of knifepoint robberies on Monday. There were six robberies in total, all committed within a timespan of just over an hour. One victim was an eighth-grade student, according to ABC7.
Three suspects were involved in each incident, police said in an alert. Victims were cornered, put in headlocks or otherwise physically restrained. Suspects then robbed at knifepoint the victims, stealing cellphones, cash and credit cards.
The six robberies occurred between 3:45 p.m. and 5:01 p.m. on Monday afternoon:
- 1900 block of North Wood St. at 3:45 p.m.
- 2500 block of North Greenview Ave. at 3:58 p.m.
- 2700 block of North Mildred Ave. at 4:15 p.m.
- 3000 block of North Greenview Ave. at 4:50 p.m.
- 3000 block of North Ravenswood Ave. at 4:50 p.m.
- 3700 block of North Greenview Ave. at 5:01 p.m.
Police said the suspects were black males, between the ages of 13 and 25. A younger suspect was described as 5’5”, 150 pounds; an older suspect was described as 6’, 180 pounds. Suspects fled in a waiting black Nissan or Honda hatchback, according to police.