The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Sep 14, 2007 3:00PM
- Cyrano's Bistrot is open again, after a week and four inspections to combat a roach infestation caused by condo renovations above the restaurant. Congratulations, Chef Didier. Just don't expect us to visit anytime soon.
- Gabriel Magliaro of Half Acre Beer Company has been busy. Half Acre and Bloodshot Records have a promotion where Bloodshot is offering a sampler album as a free download to Half Acre fans. Magliaro will also be at Whole Foods North Avenue this evening from 6-8 p.m. hosting a sampling of Half Acre Lager.
- Goose Island is also busy this evening. They're throwing a party for their Harvest Ale at their kid-friendly Wrigleyville brewpub beginning at 5 p.m. At 7 p.m., Mucca Pazza will lead a parade from Goose Island Wrigleyville to Sheffield's, where we assume more Harvest Ale will be served.
- Eli's Cheesecake Festival goes down Saturday and Sunday. Admission is free, as is parking, which means you have more money to spend on cheesecake. Proceeds benefit the New Horizon Center for the Developmentally Disabled and the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
- The Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund is hosting a "Third Thursday Fundraiser" at English. The $10-per-person event will feature complimentary appetizers and cocktails.
- Homebrewers' Pride of the South Side is gearing up for its annual Bridgeport Oktoberfest celebration by holding their monthly meeting at Mitchell's Tap. The meeting starts at 8 p.m. Tuesday; folks interested in home brewing are encouraged to attend.
- Adobo Grill Wicker Park will be the setting for a $35, three-course dinner Wednesday at 7 p.m. The featured tequila: Partida, one of our favorite new tequilas out there. Partida founder Sophia Partida will be on hand to discuss her brands and her approach to distilling.
- Cook au vin is hosting a pirate-themed "Last Spirited Sail" aboard the sailing ship "The Red Witch" next Friday. The $60 event starts at 8:30 p.m. and features a two-hour sail and French fusion cuisine, followed by an after-party at Excalibur. Attendees are encouraged to attend in pirate costume.
- Warehouse Liquors is the scene for Diageo's "Whisky Fest" Wednesday, hosted by "master of whisky" Martin Duffy. You'll remember Duffy as the fellow who introduced us to the wonders of whiskey and seafood pairings.
- Finally, look for Chicagoist to be filing reports from this year's All Candy Expo next week. The industry-only event will be held Monday through Wednesday at McCormick Place.