By Marcus Gilmer in News on Oct 6, 2008 11:00PM
- Police confirmed this afternoon that 17-year-old Kiyanna Salters was not the intended target of last nights' CTA bus shooting.
- Lt. Gov. Pat Quinn and Judy Baar Topinka made a bipartisan call in support of a proposed 2010 Illinois Constitutional Convention.
- A crucifix fashioned out of the wood of a burnt cross from a 1963 Mississippi KKK rally has been donated to First United Methodist Church at the Chicago Temple.
- Kraft Food Co. has announced they will be undergoing a round of layoffs but claim that it will affect less than one percent of the Northfield-based work force.
- As the world's markets tumble, technology brings Star Wars technology one step closer to our living rooms.
- We reminded you already of tomorrow's voter registration deadline. If you're waiting til tomorrow, be prepared for lines as the Board of Elections expects not only record turnout numbers, but a very high number of newly registered voters.
- Taking the politician-with-babies cliche one step further: Yes We Can (hold babies).
Photo by Nick Suydam