By Marcus Gilmer in News on May 28, 2009 11:00PM
Photo by mark mullis
- Sen. Burris' explanation for that phone call with Rob Blagojevich? It was all a ruse.
- President Obama has nominated retired Chicago investment banker Louis Susman to be ambassador to Britain.
- As if the City Council didn't have enough to worry about today, aldermen are now complaining about fees to Noelle Brennan, the federal hiring monitor who has come down hard on City Hall's hiring abuses.
- Our pals at Gapers Block have some good links about recent news regarding the Chicago Defender.
- There was a secret meeting of newspapers here in Chicago today, alleging looking into how to charge for online content. [via]
- Carlos Zambrano's outburst yesterday - which included bumping the home plate ump - earned him a six game suspension which he will not appeal.
- Speaking of the Cubs, for fans who still had hope Mark Cuban might still become involved with the team (like us)...stop hoping.
- I don't know about anyone else, but today was one of "those" days. Thankfully, I've channeled my inner-Margaret Lyons and succumbed to WCIU's new puppy cam.