Rep. Joe Walsh Calls Gov. Pat Quinn A "Tool" At Tea Party Meeting
By Samantha Abernethy in News on Jan 18, 2012 5:30PM
Image Credit: Jeff Cagle
Because Rep. Joe Walsh apparently doesn't have a verbal filter, or any semblance of tact, he called Gov. Pat Quinn a tool while speaking at a DuPage Tea Party meeting on Sunday. What was it our mothers taught us about name-calling? The Doings writes:
“This governor, Gov. Quinn, is a tool,” he said. “This state is an embarrassment. People are leaving in droves because of taxes and regulations. One man runs this state, and it’s not Gov. Quinn; it’s (House Speaker) Mike Madigan.”
We can just add this to the list of embarrassing things the congressman has said and done since he took office. Let's review.
- Last year Walsh's ex-wife sued him for $100,000 in child support that he hadn't paid. Did he pay up? No, he was a dick about it and continued being a deadbeat dad.
- Of fellow Illinois congressman Randy Hultgren, in November Walsh said, "If he raises his voice and calls into question who I am as a father I'll punch him in the face, figuratively speaking.” Classy.
- In September he refused to attend Pres. Barack Obama's speech on the economy, saying he refused to be a "prop" for the president.
- At a town hall meeting in November, he flipped out on some constituents who were talking about the economy, saying, “don’t blame the banks this pisses me off!”
- Then, when some Occupy protesters came to his office in Washington in December, he fled, then sent out a rude tweet. "My office was invaded by Occupy Protesters today & all I saw were $1000 laptops & vomit on the carpet. Thank God for #febreze"