Our Favorite Tattoos We Saw At Riot Fest 2017
By Stephen Gossett in Arts & Entertainment on Sep 18, 2017 8:00PM
Tattoos are omnipresent in contemporary life. Hell, the American Academy of Pediatrics today announced recommendations for physicians for when they get asked about them, so deeply has ink seeped underneath the skin of mainstream culture. But the folks at Riot Fest take it up a notch—which shouldn't be surprising, given the festival's punk-rock aesthetic. As with the fashion on display, you generally find a happy intersection between retro classicism and idiosyncrasy, or just outright eye-popping boldness. We saw ambitious back pieces; vivid, color-popping sleeves; updated Sailor Jerry riffs; photorealist portraiture, whimsical designs based on child's doodles and just about everything in between—although, oddly, no Jawbreaker ink. How did that happen? (Also, we've spared you the stick-and-pokes. You're welcome.) Scroll through above and hopefully find some inspiration.
- Take A Look At The Stellar Punk & Goth Fashion At Riot Fest 2017
- Check Out The Daredevils, Fire-Spitting 'Freaks' & High-Wire Acrobats Who Burn Up Riot Fest's Sideshows
- Photos: Jawbreaker Finally Have Their 'Revenge,' Paramore Dazzle At Riot Fest Day 3
- Photos: Queens Of The Stone Age Make It Wit Chu At Riot Fest Day 2
- Photos: Nine Inch Nails, Ministry Bring Industrial Catharsis To Riot Fest's Day 1 Scorcher