What The Hell Happened This Weekend? 9 Stories You Might Have Missed
- A small plane was forced to make an emergency landing on Lake Shore Drive around sunrise Sunday morning.
- Our weekend theater was a look at Svengoolie, as played by both Jerry G. Bishop, who died this week, and Rich Koz, his protege
- Perhaps showing he could take a cue from the upper brass, Pilsen Community Academy Principal Adel Ali called security on a DNAinfo Chicago reporter for having the temerity to do her job.
- Chicago band CAVE will take to the Chicago River downtown Wed. for a live preview of their fourth album, due Oct. 15th.
- South Side writer Joshua Adams recently took to the editorial pages of Ebony Magazine to bring some sorely needed context to the national debate about Chicago's horrific shooting violence.
- Take a look at some of the stunning artwork at EXPO Chicago that caught our eye.
- Having sex while driving a car is a bad idea. But that didn't stop a couple driving a minivan on the Eisenhower Expressway recently.
- The ninth annual Mussels Festival shows ten different restaurants throughout Chicago and its suburbs making a special dish with the classic seafood dish.
- Pre-Order Pelican's new LP while you listen to the post-metal band's latest single from it.