What The Hell Happened This Weekend? 8 Stories You Might Have Missed
- The Lakeview Polar Bear Club wrote in a news release that Saturday's Polar Plunge was called off because of inclement weather.
- Chicago Public Schools cancelled school for Monday, Jan. 27, and will decide by noon whether or not to cancel classes for Tuesday the 28th too.
- Chicagoist was proud to premiere a new live performance video from The Brothers Star Race, a local quintet featuring Rebecca Brown, who you may remember from film School of Rock, on bass.
- Our weekend theater pick was a droll short film about a man who sees the face of Jesus in his hamburger bun after picking up some delicious grub.
- Tourism has been a bright spot for Chicago's economy in recent years. The mayor wants to make it brighter--literally--by putting on massive light shows along the river.
- The band Chicago plays the second of two shows with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra on Tues., Jan. 28th. Tickets still available.
- In a widely shared Facebook post, activist Sarah Simmons described how she heckled Mayor Rahm Emanuel at an invitation-only breakfast last week honoring Martin Luther King, Jr. We talked to Simmons about what comes next.
- Saturday's "Around Town" gallery showed what a Windy City Winterfell might look like for you "Game of Thrones" fans out there.